4.29.2015

Fascinating Dangerous Encounters


Can You Ever Get Such Close to a Lion, a Jungle Predator?


Kevin Richardson is a Real Lion Whisperer


Fascinating! This man is hilarious! I could not believe that there’s anyone who could come this close and in such intimate way with wild animals. It’s just like a love story, only this one is between a man and wild animals who captured his heart. I have always been fascinated by the jungle animals, especially the lions and their cubs. It has been my dream when growing that I wish I had a lion or lioness cub to raise. But Of course I have grown out of that, but just retained my love for them. I’m glad I came across this man’s documentary. Meet;




Kevin Richardson – in- Dangerous Companions 



“Lions are some of the most dangerous animals known to man. BUT there is one man who is part of their pride. Kevin Richardson, an outdoorsman who lives just 30 miles north of Johannesburg, has an amazing ability to communicate with some of Africa’s most feared predators. His conservation area is home to lions, hyenas, cheetahs, leopards and panthers. He is able to live with them, sleep curled up with them, swim with lionesses, caress cubs and tussle with males. This exciting and touching series will take viewers on a journey to the stunning African wilderness, giving them an exclusive insight into the life of the real Lion Whisperer.”

 

While watching this video, I felt intense excitement seeing the cherished moments that this man experiences with these animals. I think it’s a daily choice to follow your instincts and test the uncertainty. And Kevin surely knows what he wants, to be with these unpredictable friends! Although I have come to find out that he gets paid to do this job. But it does not look like a mere job. You can see clearly that he's not treating his job as work, rather as part of his life, it's what he loves doing. I mean, the guy really looks like very comfy with these predators! Well, I can only salute him for the difference he is making in the lives of these animals!

One Other thing that caught my attention is about the females. Lionesses are not the kind of animals you want to mess with, especially when it comes to their babies. However Kevin has defied the impossible. ,In the video I loved especially the moment that Kevin had with “Pelokghale”, the new lioness mother who just gave birth to her cubs. Any man needs to be extra cautious of such a lioness who won’t allow even their own pride members near her baby bubs. But “Pelokghale” somehow allowed him to enter their world, may be because it’s a payoff for the close relationship he nurtured with her since she was a baby too.

In the video, Kevin could have been torn apart when he entered the “Pelokghale” den by this mother lioness, "Pelokghale". On the contrary, she seems to enjoy Kevin's visit. Oooo! I cherish this part “and then she (Pelokghale), astonishes him with the greatest honor a lioness can ever bestow on a man…she offers her new born to him (Kevin)”. This is so humbling to me!

As I realize how less understanding we are, humans, I wished we could have more of Kevin to help us learn about the world of these wild animals.




I enjoyed watching this documentary so much that I didn’t notice that time has passed, I was filled with such sense of love and little wisdom of how great is out there for us to learn. I guess one will never know how it is to be among jungle animals unless you take the chance of testing for yourself. I have always believed that “If you’re born for something and if you’re destined to be something, then you will find your call on your own. Believe me, you will feel some ties, and some force leading you to your destination”.





This is such a wonderful documentary that captures extends of Kevin Richardson's unique skills. I actually stumbled on this documentary and find it to be extremely educational.  I think watching this video can help you to gain valuable insights into the complex behaviors, impulses, and unique personality of animals. Kevin has sure become able to read signs that helps him to determine the animals’ inner state and act accordingly.

One can say that people who live a life of greatness are usually willing to go out of their comfort zones, face the uncertainty and the uncommon. This they do for the purpose of reaching their inner yearning desires to connect with the universe. By doing what he loves and enjoys, Kevin Richardson seem to have found his call. This man is making a difference in the lives of these lions, and the other animals he is raising.  People like Kevin Richardson remind us that life is all about taking risks. If you do not take a risk then you will never know how it would feel to achieve your ultimate desires and accomplish your goals. 

*If you love the jungle like me and are fascinated with exceptional encounters like this tune up for more updates I will have on this blog.

Thanks for reading and watching the video, let me see you again :D


https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ1klul3Tq55B-8yUzirWjGYFvzvZTAjqOuwmsqAlSSn3i1rPzbw

Azande Girl

*Video source: youtube

No comments: